Welcome to the Jackson Hole & Yellowstone Sustainable Destination Program!
Please join us in protecting our environment and community. To contribute to our programs, please click on the Donate button on the upper right of this page. Alternatively, you can mail a check to the Riverwind Foundation at PO Box 13190, Jackson, WY 83002.
The vision of the award-wining Jackson Hole & Yellowstone Sustainable Destination Program is for Jackson Hole to be “recognized as a world-leading sustainable community and destination.” This vision has been adopted by the Town of Jackson and Teton County who passed a resolution expressing their support for this vision and initiatives that “contribute to the fulfillment of community goals and destination standards for environmental, social, and economic sustainability.” The impacts that the Riverwind Foundation and its partners created have contributed to recognition by the World Travel & Tourism Council as a Tourism for Tomorrow Award 2018 Finalist, National Geographic as a World Legacy Award 2017 Finalist, Green Destinations as a Top 100 Sustainable Destination in 2016 and 2017, and by our local Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Business Leaders (RRR BL) program of our progress toward this vision
- Train and assist over 260 businesses in sustainability planning and practices
- Inventory the sustainability activities of over 120 local stakeholders
- Create or enhance 49 local green collar jobs and educate over 250 students
- Double the RRR Business Leaders to over 200 and TripAdvisor Green Leaders to 43
- Create & distribute the Jackson Hole Sustainability Code of Conduct to over 100,000
- Create & distribute the first two issues of Green Matters in Jackson Hole to 7,800+
- Create & distribute the first annual Jackson Hole Sustainability Report Card to 7,500+
√ Develop Jackson Hole’s first Sustainable Destination Action Plan guiding us toward the vision of Jackson Hole being a world-leading sustainable community and destination, including protecting our wild lands, wildlife, and community character
Please contact Tim O’Donoghue at Riverwind@Wyoming.com if you would like to speak with us about our Programs.